What a gem! If we were to visit Belize City again, we would absolutely stay here.
* Owners and staff are, without question, the most personable, helpful, and friendly I’ve seen in any hotel. Ever.
* Room and bathroom were clean and in very good condition.
* Veranda was a nice bonus. We had a few minutes between check in and dinner and enjoyed reading and playing cards there. Nice breeze.
* We found a few very yummy restaurants within walking distance. Apparently no part of Belize City is truly safe, and owners offered multiple times to help us arrange a taxi or help with food delivery. (We felt safe enough during daylight and used a taxi at night.)
*Another family on our Mayan tour complained about how run-down and awful their name brand resort hotel was. We felt fortunate to have found a small, local place.
* It’s so new, taxi drivers weren’t familiar with it. I recommend having address (don’t depend on name alone) and phone number, and tell the driver it’s next to the Belize Tourism Board. The hotel sign is very easy to see. This shouldn’t be a deterrent, just go prepared.