This price includes:
- Utilities (water - gas for kitchen use - electricity)
- wireless internet connection
- weekly linen, initial and final cleaning
- Zer0Dep Guarantee = You do not pay the security deposit on balance or on arrival and you have EuropAssistance coverage in case of accidental damage to the property during your stay (up to the maximum of € 1,500.00 and with the limitations provided).
- EuropAssistance insurance to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay = In addition to reasons or events that can objectively be documented and could not be foreseen at the time of booking, you can request a rental cancellation when you have to cancel following a positive result from Covid-19 verified by reports, affecting: the Insured Party directly and/or your family members; your Travel Companion directly.
- Stay cancellation cover due to lockdown = It protects you and your travel companions in the event that you are forced to cancel your stay in the 30 days prior to the scheduled check-in date, due to the occurrence of Covid-19 epidemic containment measures officially imposed by the Governments/competent authorities.
(PRIVATE STRUCTURE). A typical Tuscan landscape, rich in natural appeal and inimitable historical and artistic allusions, is the idyllic setting for Villa Poggio Sereno, a pretty country house in stone and plaster, ideal for a holiday immersed in the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of the countryside around the prestigious little town of Cortona. The simple cosy rooms are all air conditioned, with wifi connection. The comfortable bedrooms and the large living area, completed by a fully-equipped kitchen in stone and marble, overlook a lush manicured garden, a splendid natural terrace covered by the foliage of the olive trees that grow in a large part of the park, and completed by many seating areas and a beautiful swimming pool set in a central and super panoramic position. From here you have an extraordinary view over the immense plain of the Val di Chiana and Lake Trasimeno, bordered on the horizon by the peaks of Monte Amiata and Monte Cetona. A unique landscape, composed of green hills, cultivated fields and little ancient villages, which the magnificent sunsets reveal in all their glory. In Tuscany, but just a stone's throw from Umbria, this residence will prove the perfect departure point for visiting the many places of artistic interest within the range of just a few kilometres: art cities such as Siena, Arezzo and Perugia, picturesque villages (Pienza, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Castiglione del Lago, Radda and Gaiole in Chianti) and the fascinating spa towns in the area. Services and shops for basic needs, in Tavarnelle and Cortona, are just a short drive away.
Villa Poggio Sereno has two floors built on terraced ground, thus allowing direct outside access to the first floor rooms as well. On the ground floor a large French window leads directly into the spacious living area, consisting of a built-in kitchen, dining table, pantry and sitting room. From here you come to a small hallway with one double bedroom served by a bathroom with shower, and to a short corridor onto which open a double bedroom and a twin bedroom (with joinable beds) sharing a bathroom with shower. An internal staircase leads up to the first floor, consisting of a double bedroom with direct access to the garden via a French window, a sitting room and a bathroom with shower. Under a portico on one side of the house, and adjacent to a brick structure with wood oven and barbecue, is the laundry area.
Entering the front gate of Villa Poggio Sereno you come immediately to the parking area (for 3/4 car places), located conveniently close to the main entrance. From here the marvellous garden around the house opens out, tended to with great passion and perfectly set into the harmony of shapes and colours of the surrounding territory. The park, completely fenced-in for about one hectare, extends over terraced surfaces along the side of a hill with, in the background, the green hills of Cortona and, at the highest level, a vast expanse of olive trees ideal for strolling around in. The flowering vegetation around the house is a riot of colour and perfume, pots of geraniums and lemon trees, oleanders, fruit trees and many bushes of rosemary and lavender framing the many set-up outdoor areas: the beautiful pool in the centre of the garden, a delightful gazebo with sitting area in a nice panoramic position, the play area with ping pong table and swing, a lounge area just outside the first floor sitting room and, finally, two spacious areas for alfresco meals with wood stove and brick-built barbecue.Please notice that photos are taken in spring, therefore flower blossoming, and the colours of the gardens' grass could be different at the moment of your arrival at the villa.
From the house, a short stone path across the manicured lawn takes us to the centre of the garden with the large, south-facing rectangular pool, equipped with Roman steps and diving board and open from the last Saturday in April until the first Saturday in October. The pool has PVC lining, a stone border, internal and external lighting and measures 6 x 14 m with the depth ranging from 1.20 to 2.30 m. It has chlorine purification and a solar outdoor shower. Around the pool are sunbeds, deck chairs, umbrellas and a panoramic gazebo set up as a sitting area with sofa and armchairs.
Pets: Yes. € 30,00 per animal per week to be paid on site
We remind you that at check-in you will have to pay the tourist city tax, where applicable.
Extra on Request:
- Extra cleaning (€ 22,00/hour per cleaner)
- Extra linen (€ 15,00 per person)
- Heating (on consumption up to date market prices)
- Extra cleaning in case of animals (€ 30,00/week/animal)
- Firewood (€ 20,00/100 Kg)